Washington (CNN)Early each morning, special counsel Robert Mueller arrives wearing his signature uniform: a crisp white dress shirt, tie, slacks and dark baseball cap. Occasionally he accessorizes with a dark vest or sunglasses, depending on the weather. A simple routine for the head of a very complicated investigation — one that is heavily scrutinized but nearly impossible to read. As the Mueller probe hits its one-year anniversary, the special counsel’s team has brought charges against 22 people and companies, notched five guilty pleas and seen one person sentenced. While a number of those charges were related to Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election, so far none of them has extended to potential collusion between the Russian government and Trump associates. Giuliani: Mueller’s team told Trump’s lawyers they can’t indict a president But under President Donald Trump’s Twitter glare, Mueller’s team has pressed forward with their work. Their operation reflects the man who leads it: no frills, no drama, no leaks. And that has left Washington and the nation guessing at where their pile of evidence might lead them — and when they will arrive there. For months, the word among lawyers representing witnesses and subjects in Mueller’s investigation was… Read full this story
- How Brazil Went From Neoliberal Success Story to Total Political Chaos in 10 Years
- Hillary Clinton Says GOP Is Using Her As Diversion: 'I'm Living Rent-free Inside Donald Trump's Brain'
- Who spilled Hot Coffee?
- LSU's Delta Kappa Epsilon chapter closes after investigation finds hazing, alcohol violations
- FBI director in 'hot seat' as GOP demands reforms
- Donald Trump sacks State Department watchdog investigating Pompeo
- Watergate prosecutors who want to weigh in on Flynn case include Dem donors, outspoken Trump critics
- Being James Brown: Inside the Private World of the Baddest Man Who Ever Lived
- Three Ukrainian Investigations Into Manafort Deals Are Stalled By US Officials
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla Beowulf DLC mission listed on Uplay
Hot Pockets, mismatched chairs and a critical mission: Inside year one of the Mueller investigation have 313 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 17, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.