John Bercow is facing mounting pressure over allegations of bullying after one of Parliament’s most senior former officials said his behaviour “terrified” staff and was “unworthy of someone in such public office”. David Leakey, who retired as Black Rod last year, said the Speaker had subjected him to “intolerable” rudeness while in office and accused him of “explosive and intemperate behaviour” towards his colleagues. Allegations that Mr Bercow bullied two former aides “risk bringing Parliament into disrepute”, Mr Leakey claimed, in a highly unusual intervention, which casts further doubt on Mr Bercow’s future as Speaker. Read more Commons Speaker John Bercow accused of bullying by former aide It comes as Downing Street backed calls for a full investigation into bullying in Parliament, after former private secretary Angus Sinclair claimed Mr Bercow had verbally abused him and smashed a phone on a desk in a fit of rage. Mr Bercow strenuously denies any allegations of bullying. Mr Leakey told PoliticsHome: ”On one occasion he quite suddenly erupted in a rage, banging the table and being extremely and personally rude to me, including calling me an antisemite. “He did apologise to me for that specific remark afterwards, but not for his other highly personal insults, and it is intolerable. “His… Read full this story
- Brexiteer Peter Bone explains cunning plan to stop Speaker John Bercow meddling in Brexit
- School staff threw 9-year-old into the cold and reported him missing, lawsuit says - ABC News
- Hope for arrested British mother who called ex-husband's wife 'horse'
- FOLEY MACKEREL ! New slimy fallout as an ex-aide quits and slams Hastert with not acting on eaerly complaint of icky page e-mails
- Ex-Male principal hears witness against him
- Amtrak, SEPTA engineers discussed train being hit by possible flying object before deadly Philadelphia derailment: official
- Biden Dirt File Has Private Email Between John Solomon and Rudy Allies
- Ex-player says Riverside hoop program founder Lorch paid him millions to stay quiet about sex abuse
- Donald Trump 'fires' Secret Service director and three more top officials 'quit'
- Ex-Grassley aide helps his firm makes millions on tax deduction he shepherded in Congress
John Bercow: Speaker under pressure over bullying claims as top ex-official said his behaviour 'terrified' staff have 343 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at May 2, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.