Kristin Carnage was making her way through a city in World of Warcraft when a stranger stopped her female avatar. The stranger, a male avatar, opened a trade window with Carnage and moved, in her words, “a ton of gold” in his section of the trade box. For a while afterward, he offered to help run her through content and sent her toys through World of Warcraft’s in-game mail service. “It felt weird,” Carnage, 28, told me. “I’d return most of it or try to send gold to pay for it. I tried not to indulge the whole ‘Please give me presents for being female’ thing.” Throughout her nine years on MMOs, Carnage has been asked for her phone number, real pictures, cybersex, and in-game companionship in exchange for unsolicited favors. “You almost feel obligated. They want to cash in on it,” she explained. (This post was originally published 10/14/2016) There is a trope—rather, an unfortunate stereotype—in MMOs that female players get things easy. Gold, gifts, power-leveling, dungeon runs—you name it and women, apparently, are using their feminine wiles to squeeze it out of amorous male players in exchange for real-life photos, virtual sex or in-game companionship. To prove the… Read full this story
- Lawyer's 'sugar daddy' offer to unrepresented opposing party is cited in disbarment decision
- Feeling Conflicted: Importance of Disclosing Potential Conflicts, Stockholder Vote and Business Judgment Rule
- Jeremy Corbyn ‘doesn’t give two hoots’ about Jewish people, Alan Sugar says after Labour anti-Semitism scandal
- Are daddy long-legs actually spiders, are they venomous, do they bite and how do you get rid of them?
- Man Tried Paying For Sex With 16-Year-Old After Seeing Her Ad Online
- Is this the world's most healthy wedding? Nutritionist bride's 'clean' nuptials involve sunrise yoga, sugar-free menu and organic wine
- Sugar mill fined VND700 million for environmental pollution
- The sugar tax will hit the poor hardest and stain this government’s reputation
- Harris County Sheriff offers safe location for online sales transactions
- Justin Fairfax’s accuser says she also was raped by a basketball player at Duke
MMO Players Feel Conflicted About Online Sugar Daddies have 347 words, post on kotaku.com at May 22, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.