Prince Philip will make his post-surgery debut at his grandson, Prince Harry‘s royal wedding on Saturday, Buckingham Palace confirmed on Friday. Philip’s attendance at Harry and Meghan Markle’s nuptials was in question days before the ceremony. On April 4, he underwent hip replacement surgery at a hospital in London, and has been recuperating at home. Fortunately, he’s been recovering at Windsor Castle — just a short walk away from St. George’s Chapel, where Harry and Meghan are tying the knot. In a press briefing just two weeks before the ceremony, a palace spokesperson said that the members of the royal family “very much hope” that Philip would be able to attend the ceremony. Image zoom Mark Cuthbert/UK Press via Getty It’s the event of the year! Be sure to keep up with all of PEOPLE’s royal wedding coverage and don’t forget to check out everything you need to know about Meghan Markle’s perfect style. RELATED VIDEO: Royal Weddings Through the Years The royal, 96, was spotted driving around the grounds of the annual Windsor Horse Show on May 11. He was behind the wheel of a Land Rover as he drove himself to the Windsor Horse Show at Home Park, which is behind the… Read full this story
- Royal Family members to attend Commonwealth Games
- Prince William to attend England – France friendly
- Saints march into new palace with familiar ‘absurd’ fun
- Murray almost late to get royal honor
- The Latest: Belgian minister can’t confirm main suspect died
- Kingman, Toronado score big wins on opening day of Royal Ascot
- Notes: How much longer before Royals shake up dugout, front office?
- AP Explains: What makes the Super Bowl such a big deal
- The Latest: Paris man writes letter to his wife’s killers
- The Latest: Russia circulates UN resolution draft on IS
Prince Philip Will Attend the Royal Wedding 6 Weeks After Surgery, Palace Confirms have 299 words, post on people.com at May 18, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.