The series finale is a do-or-die moment when a show gets one last chance to say whatever it has to say and do whatever must be done. Expectations are high, failures are frequent and viewers are seldom 100 percent satisfied.Our complaints generally split two ways: Some believe deeply in the definitive walk-off, a final scene that all but rides off into the sunset and clearly answers the essential questions raised by long-arc, complex story lines that last for years. Other viewers are more in tune with (and trusting of) the visionary whims of showrunners who often have something subtler, more baffling in mind. That’s how we get the mystery finale, the lingering unsolved puzzle that’s up for endless debate: Were “Lost’s” castaways in purgatory the whole time? Did Tony Soprano take a bullet to the brain? Did Don Draper meditate his way back to advertising prominence? Where and who and what and when and why and how are Agent Dale Cooper and Laura Palmer?At this particular moment in an oversupply of ambitious shows, all eyes are on the dire conclusion of FX’s “The Americans,” the always-superb, 1980s-set espionage thriller from creators Joel Fields and Joe Weisberg, which ends May 30…. Read full this story
- Rescuing scenic backdrops from Hollywood's Golden Age
- What's on Netflix UK in July 2018 - best film and TV shows to watch before end of the month
- The 12 Best Episodes of
- Hollywood golden age legend Kirk Douglas dies, aged 103
- 'Cougar Town' series finale react: Saying goodbye to the cul-de-sac crew
- Ellyse Perry, Australia look for winning rhythm against India in tri-series final
- What Does It Mean to Mourn the Golden Age of Hollywood?
- The Golden Age of Murder by Martin Edwards review – an excellent work of detection
- Kirk Douglas, Indomitable Icon of Hollywood's Golden Age, Dies at 103
- Boris Johnson promises ‘new golden age’ for Britain with his radical Queen’s Speech and 10 year blueprint
That's a wrap: The 12 best series finales of TV's current golden age have 315 words, post on www.chicagotribune.com at May 17, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.