Published 3:07 pm, Tuesday, May 1, 2018 Photo: Francois Mori / Associated Press Image 1of/1 CaptionClose Image 1 of 1 Activists clash with riot police during the traditional annual rally in the center of Paris. Each year, people around the world take to the streets to mark International Workers’ Day. Activists clash with riot police during the traditional annual rally in the center of Paris. Each year, people around the world take to the streets to mark International Workers’ Day. Photo: Francois Mori / Associated Press Workers, activists mark May Day with defiant rallies 1 / 1 Back to Gallery MOSCOW — Workers and activists around the world marked May Day on Tuesday with rallies and other events to press their governments to address labor issues. International Workers’ Day is a public holiday in many countries, though activities are restricted in some places, sometimes leading to confrontations. A look at some of the events around the world: •France: Thousands of people marched across the French capital to protest President Emmanuel Macron’s economic policies during a May Day event that brought scattered acts of vandalism and arson to Paris. LATEST SFGATE VIDEOS Now Playing: Now Playing Draymond Green on Westbrook, fans San Francisco Chronicle… Read full this story
- 'White people: We are the ones that need to change!' Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban tweets rallying call to end racism in the aftermath of George Floyd's 'murder'
- Commentary: Watch for casual ageism and other signs of caustic attitudes about older workers
- Tim Cook shares four stunning Shot on iPhone nature photos for Earth Day
- Indian climate activist linked to Greta Thunberg arrested
- Bail for Indian activist Disha Ravi in farmers' 'toolkit' case
- Environmental activists get down and dirty on mass cleanup day
- Vijayan slams Rahul over tractor rally, says Cong's policies responsible for farm sector crisis
- South Korean delivery workers say coronavirus boom means relentless toil
- Climate activist Disha Ravi arrested in India over farmers' protest 'toolkit'
- Sedition Cases Rife as Activists Arrested in India Amid Farmers' Protests
Workers, activists mark May Day with defiant rallies have 318 words, post on www.abqjournal.com at May 1, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.