Grace Speas and Shelby Reynolds USA TODAY NETWORK – Florida Published 1:10 p.m. UTC Jul 6, 2018 The roads are clear. The beaches are no longer crammed with umbrellas and lounge chairs. The restaurants have lulled to a quiet hum. Season is over, and if it seems like your favorite food joint is emptier than usual, it probably is. Summer visitor spending declined two percent in summer 2017 from summer 2016. The same year, fall visitor spending increased by almost 8 percent. When it comes to the battle of seasonal spending and uneven cash flows, restaurants are usually the first casualty. Some ride the wave from profits in the busy season. Others close altogether. But a majority of local restaurants across Southwest Florida have another strategy — introducing deals friendly to the locals’ budgets. Here’s a look at who’s offering what. Got a local dining deal to share? Send details to [email protected] with “summer deals” in the subject line and we’ll add you to the roundup. Fort Myers area • Downtown Fort Myers: Starting this week, five downtown restaurants are participating in a summer kids-eat-free special. All day Sunday through Thursday, buy any adult entree at one of the five participating downtown locations and get one free… Read full this story
- My Restaurant Was My Life for 20 Years. Does the World Need It Anymore?
- Eat out without having to worry about the cost with our top tips
- Meituan Announces Financial Results for the Three Months Ended September 30, 2021
- Be true to your brew: Louisiana breweries tap ingrained loyalties as college-licensed beers expand
- Freebies, Discounts Offered To Veterans, Military On Veterans Day
- The Fast Life of Oscar Pistorius
- Michael Jackson Memorabilia Bought With Dirty Money of Dictator’s Son
- Frances Nation owner Tessa Peach shares her guide to Christchurch
- Flooding of Coast, Caused by Global Warming, Has Already Begun
- Where is hot in April? Best holiday destinations where it's sunny from Spain to Mexico
Cheap eats: 30+ summer dining deals from Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Naples restaurants have 312 words, post on eu.naplesnews.com at June 7, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.