I left a sales job to found my company. Janet Comenos Published 10:47 am, Thursday, June 7, 2018 Photo: Sanjeri | Getty Images Image 1of/1 CaptionClose Image 1 of 1 Photo: Sanjeri | Getty Images Do Salespeople Make Good Founders? Here’s What They Do (and Don’t) Bring to the Table. 1 / 1 Back to Gallery There are so many stereotypes about different company departments: Marketing teams make things look pretty but don’t drive results; HR is either the politically correct police or the firing department; and the engineering team is vital but not strategic. Salespeople tend to be typecasted more than anyone: We’re pushy, greedy and self-centered. Related: 50 Rules for Being a Great Leader Stereotypes don’t formulate out of thin air, but they are usually exaggerated and imprecise; we all have our strengths and shortcomings. I found this out firsthand: A little over two years ago, I left my role as an SVP of sales at retail marketing company Promoboxx to scratch the entrepreneurial itch I always had. In 2016, I founded my own company, Spotted, a celebrity insights and research platform that services many of the world’s largest celebrity endorsers. For salespeople who are looking to start their own companies or… Read full this story
- Vmart Share Price | Paushak Share Price: Follow cash & not PAT to make good money in India: Saurabh Mukherjea
- Lessons From Irish Philosopher Iris Murdoch: How To Make Good Decisions And ‘Unself’
- Katie Sturino’s Size-Inclusive Amazon Drop Is Here (for 30 Hours Only)
- 17 Startup Founders Answer: What Is Your Biggest Hiring Challenge?
- 4 Steps to Bring More Much-Needed Diversity to Startup Culture
- Founders’ excesses are turning public opinion against many startups
- The Chicken and the Pig: BharatPe saga puts spotlight on investor-founder relations
- The 5 Best Ways to Make Business Connections, According to Master Networkers
- Spring-ready garden upgrades: Shoppers say this outdoor pop-up bar is 'good for a garden party' - and it's under £90 at Amazon
- K&J Orchards Owner And Second-Generation Farmer Aomboon Deasy Opens Farm-To-Table Oakland Restaurant, Pomet
Do Salespeople Make Good Founders? Here's What They Do (and Don't) Bring to the Table. have 323 words, post on www.mysanantonio.com at June 7, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.