source Business Insider caption Tech companies have taken over the Bay Area. source Justin Sullivan/Getty Images The Bay Area is saturated with tech companies like Twitter and DropBox, but it wasn’t always that way. The inclusive San Francisco was once home to an eclectic group of dreamers, unconventionals, and creatives. But in the last two decades, tech companies have taken over, diminishing the rich culture and causing Bay Area real estate prices to soar. Here’s how tech companies are ruining the Bay Area. When I moved to San Francisco in 1987, the inclusive City by the Bay was home to artists, dreamers, queers, and weirdos. I made friends, got a job, and learned never to call the city “Frisco.” In San Francisco, the unconventional fit in. I felt right at home. A little more than a decade later, my Bay Area home started to change. Tech companies and their employees began to run roughshod over San Francisco and the East Bay. Real estate prices soared, and the eclectic Bay Area culture that I love started todisappear. Poets and revolutionaries have been pushed to the margins while tech companies turn the Bay Area from a magnet for all types of creative… Read full this story
- R.A. Salvatore reflects on 30 years of writing Drizzt and an ever-changing fandom
- Best Black Friday 2018 tech deals: Xbox One and Hisense TV offers live now
- What's happening in Tampa Bay this weekend? July 13-15
- CES 2019 LIVE – latest Samsung, Sony, LG news from the world’s biggest tech show
- Live Free Play Hard: A New Site For Girl Games That Are All About Cursing Your Enemies
- Company of Heroes 2 first look So real its scary
- 3D Realms returns with Wrath: Aeon of Ruin, proof that Quake-style shooters aren’t dead yet
- OnLive CEO does live demo, launch details 'soon'
- Pirate Bay co-founder who fled to avoid prison is arrested in Thailand
- EA working on 30 PS3 games
I’ve lived in the Bay Area for 30 years, and I’m convinced that tech companies have ruined it have 315 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at June 19, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.