One final push to a dream many years in the making. The Quality Life Center in Fort Myers and its executive director and founder, Abdul’Haq Muhammed, are within $99,182 of having all the money in order to activate a much-needed grant. The community has stood up time and time again to support this center, which does so much for children. Now, it’s time to rise once again and complete a crucial part of the $1.5 million funding campaign. This time, there is a deadline – the end of December – in order for a $500,000 match from the Elizabeth K. Galeana Foundation to kick in. Construction will begin in 2019 on the 5,400-square-foot expansion, which will allow the Quality Life Center to help more children and expand programs with a focus on science, technology, engineering, arts and math. I am honored to know Mr. Muhammed. He is a tireless humanitarian, who is always inspired to help a child climb from a life of despair and into a world of hope. He is a mentor to me and an angel to so many. Growing the “Q” to what it is today hasn’t been easy. He’s faced mounting debt, only to have the community, FineMark National… Read full this story
- Commentary: As Center Theatre Group sputters, L.A. struggles to realize its artistic potential
- Love What You Do, Pour Your Heart Into It and You'll Succeed
- The Resilient Artist
- Kincade Fire could burn for ‘weeks if not months’ following containment
- What Findings Do Skeptical Psychologists Still Believe In?
- 'This Week' Transcript: Extreme Weather, Kevin Spacey
- Can an unconventional West Coast billionaire shake up the Democratic presidential race?
- The Hill's Morning Report — Biden steadies in third debate as top tier remains the same
- Facebook funding could drive new train connecting Peninsula, East Bay
- "It's Part of the Job to Be Unsure": Ava DuVernay, Ben Stiller and The Hollywood Reporter TV Director Roundtable
A fundraising ask for the Quality Life Center have 319 words, post on www.news-press.com at July 26, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.