Legal framework for child care on the internet Vietnam, with 64 million Internet users (67% of its population), is among Asian countries having the biggest number of Internet users. A majority of these users are children and teenagers, who are exposed to both benefits and dangers. In addition to close attention from parents and schools, a legal framework is needed to protect children from the risks of the cyber world. While browsing the Internet, children may encounter unexpected information and people. Their personal information can be hacked. More seriously, children can become victims of swindles, exploitation, harassment, and sex abuse. Online game and smartphone addictions can harm children’s mental and physical health. Parents should teach children how to find and use information on the Internet. Dang Hoa Nam, Director of the Department for Children of the Ministry of Labor, Invalids, and Social Affairs, said, “Parents play a very important role. They should be friends to their children and share information with them. We have to admit that parents often lag behind their children in terms of IT. Parents should learn, share, and spend more time with their children.” A legal framework on child protection, particularly personal information, is being finalized…. Read full this story
- Fake News: Court stops EFCC, DSS from arresting Fani-Kayode, Odumakin
- Tory grandee Ken Clarke urges Boris Johnson to confront Britain's social care crisis after claiming his Government 'doesn't have a policy on the issue'
- Journalists advised to fact check to curb fake news, hate speech
- This social video app aims to take on TikTok in India
- Journalists must keep fighting fake news: PM
- Was Meghan Markle's face PHOTOSHOPPED onto Christmas e-card? Speculation as photographers and social media users say Duchess of Sussex's face appears weirdly in focus in Archie snap while Prince Harry is blurry
- Killings in Kaduna, Zamfara, Plateau, Benue fuelled by abuse of social media — NSA
- Mangaluru police post videos of Dec. 19 violence on social media
- Caroline Flack ignores advice to return to social media insisting she 'won't be silenced'
- Mum films boy, 4, driving in busy street for worrying new social media trend
Social News 7/8 have 339 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at July 7, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.