Story highlights A new book features letters from prominent women to their younger selves Research shows that girls’ confidence often drops during the tween and teen years (CNN)How often do you think how different your life would be if you knew, when you were a teenager, what you know now? I often think of myself, leaving home for college months before my 17th birthday, so young and inexperienced, and beginning my career at 20 without the confidence that I have today. So when I was asked to write a letter to my younger self as part of a new book called “WOWsdom! The Girl’s Guide to the Positive and the Possible,” I jumped at the opportunity. Part of my letter to my younger self in “WOWsdom.” “When you go to college at sixteen and suddenly realize you are a lot younger than everyone else, know the first months will be rough but don’t let other people question whether you belong there,” I wrote to myself. “You do.” Looking ahead to my early career and times I doubted myself, I wrote, “When the rejection letters pile up as you pursue your dream of becoming an on-air reporter, don’t worry. You only… Read full this story
- How to keep girls in the game after puberty
- The new ABCD: American Born Confident Desis
- Transgender: James Younger Faces ‘Irrevocable Danger’ Says Texas AG
- James Damore is wrong, say girls coding organizations
- Why Men Date Older Women
- ‘I was not willing to die for my breasts': the young women opting for mastectomies
- The Wing: how an exclusive women's club sparked a thousand arguments
- 'I felt so confident wearing it!' We asked three women with skin concerns to test out this make-up brand which cares AND covers - and they LOVED the results!
- Still pushing for personhood: 90 years after Canada recognized the rights of (some) women, what the fight looks like now
- Despite the odds, I became a rocket scientist. Other women can do the same
Women's letters to younger selves aim to boost girls' confidence have 327 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 12, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.