Outlook India, an Indian weekly English-language magazine, has just named Ha Long Bay in Vietnam’s northern province of Quang Ninh the number one destination among the five best locations across Asia while testifying to the surreal beauty of incredible sunrises.
Ha Long Bay, Quang Ninh province, Vietnam. Photo: Outlook India.
“Bordering the Pacific Ocean to its west, Vietnam is home to one of the world’s most natural wonders, the Ha Long Bay. It is the nation’s most popular tourist location with gigantic limestone pillars rising from the clear turquoise waters of the Gulf of Tonkin,” Outlook India wrote.
Visitors come in abundance to Ha Long Bay with many opting for cruise tours where you can sleep on board. The sunrise at this gorgeous location is for certain worth its weight of gold.
Outlook India has some words of advise for travelers that they would’t want to sleep through the sunrise moment as the rays of the sun hit limestone pillars and the turquoise waters creating an unforgettable memory in Ha Long Bay.
On the list, Ha Long Bay (Vietnam) is followed by Mt Batur, Bali (Indonesia), Bagan (Myanmar), Pidurangala Rock (Sri Lanka), andChandrashila Parvat (India).
Earlier, Ha Long Bay has been ranked 14th among the 100 most beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Sites, according to a list released by Newsweek, a US newspaper.
Ha Long Bay, in the Gulf of Tonkin, includes some 1,600 islands and islets, forming a spectacular seascape of limestone pillars. “Because of their precipitous nature, most of the islands are uninhabited and unaffected by a human presence. The site’s outstanding scenic beauty is complemented by its great biological interest,” Newsweek wrote.
The ASEAN Tourism Forum 2019 (ATF 2019) will take place in Ha Long city, Quang Ninh province. ATF 2019, the annual forum regarded as one of the top events of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), will be held from January 14 to 18 to boost tourism co-operation and development.
With the theme “ASEAN – The Power of One”, it is expected to underline the strength and beauty of the 10 nations in ASEAN and the beauty of each individual in the community, towards a prosperous, sustainable and inclusive development goal.
In 2017, Quang Ninh welcomed a total of 9.87 million tourists, including 4.28 million foreigners, according to Quang Ninh provincial Department of Tourism.
The province aims to attract over 12 million visitors in 2018, including five million foreigners.
- Tourist boat catches fire while anchored on Ha Long Bay
- Samsung Mobile Has ‘Extremely Aggressive Plans’ For India
- Oops, Some Best Buy Locations Selling Verizon Galaxy Nexuses Early
- Officials: Deadly Nipah virus has not spread in south India
- India, China, Malaysia boost Asia's MIPTV presence
- The best of CES Asia 2019: Cars rule at China's tech show
- YouTube Music and YouTube Premium make their long-awaited debut in India
- Matt Damon Has a Completely Healthy Outlook on The Inevitable Jason Bourne Reboot
- Hudson suspect has long rap sheet
- #FakeNews Has Long Been Rampant in Entertainment World. No One Cared, Until Now.