close Video Closing arguments wrap in Manafort trial The jury will decide the fate of President Trump’s former campaign chair Paul Manafort, charged with 18 counts of tax evasion and bank fraud; chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge reports from Alexandria, Virginia. Attorneys for ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort suggested during closing arguments Wednesday that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team had improperly ensnared their client in the ongoing Russia probe, prompting a last-minute recess in the case after prosecutors cried foul. The drama unfolded as closing arguments wrapped up after nearly four hours. Jury deliberations are now set to begin at 9:30 a.m. EST on Thursday. A unanimous verdict from the 12 jurors is required to convict Manafort on each of the 18 counts against him. Manafort attorney Richard Westling on Wednesday told jurors that banks had not reported any problems with Manafort to regulators “until the special counsel came and asked questions,” and accused prosecutors of “stacking” charges against Manafort. And another defense attorney, Kevin Downing, said several times the prosecution should have been handled by an IRS audit, rather than a high-profile federal prosecution by the special counsel’s office. Prosecutors said both arguments violated a pretrial agreement not to discuss… Read full this story
- Weinstein's 'bulldog' defense lawyer Donna Rotunno who loathes the #MeToo movement, loves representing accused rapists and says she's 'never been sexually assaulted because she never put herself in the position to be'
- Prosecuting Trump is possible. Here's how.
- EXCLUSIVE: Ashton Kutcher's ex-girlfriend lived an idyllic life revealed in rare high school photos years before her murder - as her grief-stricken parents are spotted ahead of the long-awaited trial of her 'Hollywood Ripper' killer
- Rapist Harvey Weinstein is rushed to hospital 'suffering chest pains' in the ambulance that was transferring him from court to Rikers Island - after shouting out 'I'm innocent' as he was convicted
- Bill Cosby admitted he STOCKPILED Quaaludes with the sole intention of giving them to 'young women he intended to have sexual contact with,' but spokesman insists 'we're doing great'
- Weinstein's lawyers try to get him released on bond after spending his first day as a convicted rapist in a Manhattan hospital due to chest pains - as some accusers claim he's a 'good actor' and faking it to avoid jail
- Judge's Decision in Assange Case 'Casts a Shadow Over Investigative Journalism', Critics Warn
- After pardon, Blackwater guard defiant: ‘I acted correctly’
- Tsarnaev convicted on all charges in Boston Marathon bombing
- Having the vaccine doesn't mean vulnerable pensioners can act with 'wild abandon and go off to the bingo halls' says Deputy chief medical officer Jonathan Van-Tam
Jury deliberations to begin in Manafort trial, as defense team suggests prosecution is improper, 'desperate' have 430 words, post on www.foxnews.com at August 14, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.