Cars include 1963 Indianapolis 500 winner, 1930 two-man Miller, Joe Leonard’s ’68 pole-winning record-breaker! For many Verizon IndyCar Series fans, the August 25 Bommarito Automotive Group 500 presented by Axalta and Valvoline at Gateway Motorsports Park will be their first look at the redesigned cars – considerably different from what they saw at the inaugural in 2017. And for many of these fans, this race weekend may also be their first glimpse of the sport’s long and colorful history. Thanks to the efforts of the Vintage Indy Registry, 25 Indy cars – ranging from the 1930s to the 1980s – will be on display at the Open Wheel Icons pavilion. Every car has been lovingly and meticulously restored. Many times, these cars were your classic “barn finds,” mere dusty shells of their former selves, missing lots of pieces and parts. It takes lots of time, money, skill, research and patience to properly put an Indy car back together but it’s worth the effort. Of course, each one comes with a briefcase full of interesting facts and anecdotes. One of the more interesting displays is 1930 Indianapolis 500 rookie Shorty Cantlon’s two-man Miller. In those days, a riding mechanic was necessary –… Read full this story
- Buy Used Cars Under $500: Is It Possible?
- A Hot Pair of Wheels Can Be Yours With Cheap Car Loans
- Car Rental In Spain Is Easy And Convenient
- Who Wins In The Formula 1 Vs. Champ Cars Drag Race?
- Consider Restoring A Vintage Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge Or Desoto
- The Self-Parking Car Drives Into The US
- Race Car Bedroom Boy Decorating Idea
- Car Insurance - It's Getting Increasingly Expensive When You're Elderly
- eBay Motors Car Selling Tips
- 12 Ways To Greatly Lower Your Car Insurance
Open Wheel Icons showcasing 25 vintage Indy cars during Bommarito 500 Weekend • Gateway Motorsports Park have 278 words, post on www.gatewaymsp.com at August 13, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.