Living side by side, but without interacting? No, thanks! A growing number of people are joining together in neighborhood networks, meeting up at house parties organized for neighbors, getting involved on behalf of those needing help and bringing life to their neighborhood through associations and initiatives.
SPIEGEL ONLINE and SPIEGEL WISSEN magazine, in cooperation with the home improvement retailer BAUHAUS, are now looking for the best projects, activities and initiatives for the Social Design Award that aim to transform mere coexistence into a community of neighbors. We would love to have you participate. All you have to do is send us your proposal by August 31! Two prizes will be awarded, each with a purse of 2,500 euros. The jury will select the winner of the first prize, and SPIEGEL ONLINE readers will also select a winner from a shortlist for the second prize that will be announced at the beginning of October.
More About the Competition
You can find the exact competition rules here and in the current issue of SPIEGEL WISSEN: “Stay Cool.”
You can read about last year’s finalists (and the winners — “Banana Republic,” which won the reader prize, and “Käthe’s Garden,” which won the jury prize) here.
- Hanoi woman wins British Council design award
- Indochina Land wins three Real Estate Development & Design Awards
- Competition for "Corporate social responsibility award 2007" starts
- HCM City university awarded top prize in green competition
- Vietnamese designer won prize at American Graphic Design Awards 2017
- Corporate social responsibility award 2012 launches
- BlueScope Steel Vietnam Design Award 2009 launched
- Ha Noi artist wins honorable mention of International Design Awards
- Seven Korean investors in Vietnam receive corporate social responsibility awards
- University students win Asia Young Designer Awards