Aug 23, 6:30 AM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury World By Pritha Paul @ZiggyZina143 08/23/18 AT 4:15 AM On Wednesday, President Donald Trump said he had asked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to look into the “farm seizures and expropriations” being carried out by South African government.Other than a segment on South Africa’s land redistribution on Fox News, hosted by Tucker Carlson, Trump’s tweet came following an article published on a U.S. think-tank’s website by the editor of HumanProgress.org and a senior policy analyst at the Center for Global Liberty and Prosperity, Marian Tupy, titled “Trump Should Warn South Africa on Land Expropriations.”The article began by noting: “South Africa’s government has begun expropriating privately-owned farmland without financial compensation, thereby ignoring the post-apartheid political settlement, which allows for land redistribution in the country on a ‘willing buyer, willing seller’ basis.”“Eighteen years ago, Zimbabwe embraced a similar policy. As a consequence, South Africa’s northern neighbor’s economy collapsed and the country descended into penury and political violence. This scenario is likely to repeat itself in South Africa. An attack on property rights will result in the destruction of South Africa’s farming community, dramatic reduction in agricultural productivity, and mass unemployment. It could… Read full this story
- Carcasses of Eight Mutilated Lions Discovered at Private Game Farm in South Africa
- Years of drought threaten South Africa's wildlife industry
- Brazil, South Africa Begin Military Drills off Indian Coast
- South Africa vs England: Anderson gets the Test buzz back as tourists take control in Cape Town
- Trump names handbag designer as ambassador to South Africa
- Absent Bavuma highlights South Africa's ever-present transformation issues
- South Africa opener Elgar adamant he didn't hit ball after controversial dismissal
- South Africa: New refugee laws 'target political dissidents'
- South Africa give themselves plenty to think about on fourth afternoon
- South Africa batting on the nose, but winds of change may have arrived
What Is Happening In South Africa? Trump Wants 'Farm Seizures' Investigated have 319 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at August 23, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.