Motorcycles are amazing. For less than the price of a Ford Fiesta, you can buy a machine that accelerates faster away from the lights than a Ferrari. Or cruises with the roll-along comfort of a Bentley. Or, with the BMW R 1200 GS, has more go-anywhere ability than a Land Rover. Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman famously did go just about everywhere on these bikes. They rode from London to New York – the long way round. Their televised odyssey only added to the kudos of the long-running BMW GS line, which was born in 1980 and has set standards ever since. GS stands for Gelände/Straße or ‘off-road/road’. With long-travel suspension, big wheels and an upright riding position, the GS was designed as a motorcycling equivalent of an SUV. And, like the SUV, riders these days can’t get enough of them. Despite prices starting well into five figures, the BMW GS is the UK’s best-selling motorcycle. And, if you’re anything like me, ride and ride until the tank almost runs dry, even though I’d left my wallet at home Why so? Essentially, the traits that made it so great for Boorman and McGregor also make it master of the day-to-day… Read full this story
- Adventure time in Houston: Where to explore in the Bayou City
- Minecraft Is Coming to Adventure Time for a Very Blocky Episode
- Emma Murphy Fights Back review: 'Angry, empathetic, moving, at times gruelling and other times inspirational'
- 2019 BMW Z4 M40i Prototype Review: BMW Breathes Life Into a Forgotten Droptop
- This 90-year-old Ford tri-motor airplane offers trips back in time
- Rendering: Alpina XD5 Based on new BMW X5 Brought to Digital Life
- This Hacked-Up Off-Road Buggy Is The Greatest BMW X5 Of All Time
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion
- Book Review: Author charms readers in 'When Life Gives You Lululemons'
- Kathryn Flett reviews Salt Pig, Dorking, Surrey: still life with pork scratchings
Motoring review: Is the BMW R 1200 GS Adventure the time of your life or as disappointing as a damp hike? have 322 words, post on www.cityam.com at September 17, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.