Senate Democrats yesterday asked the Federal Communications Commission to investigate Verizon’s throttling of firefighters during California’s largest-ever wildfire. US Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) also sent a letter to Verizon, accusing the carrier of misleading the fire department in its marketing of unlimited data. Additionally, the Democrats sent letters to the other major carriers asking for commitments that they won’t throttle the data of public safety officials while they are responding to emergencies. Further Reading Verizon throttled fire department's "unlimited" data during Calif. wildfire Though FCC Chairman Ajit Pai eliminated net neutrality rules, the commission maintains a revised version of a transparency rule that requires carriers to publicly disclose enough information about network management practices and commercial terms of service “to enable consumers to make informed choices regarding the purchase and use of such services.” “As you know, a key part of the FCC’s work is to ensure that Internet service providers such as Verizon are transparent about the terms of the services they provide to customers,” Feinstein and Harris wrote to Pai in yesterday’s letter . “Communications between the [Santa Clara County fire] department and Verizon suggest that SCFD believed the data plan it purchased from… Read full this story
- Judge rules Democrats can sue Trump for 'emoluments' over DC hotel
- Elizabeth Warren says she will take a "hard look" at running for president after midterms
- Romania faces rule of law criticism in EU parliament
- Trump says 2016 meeting’s purpose was opponent information
- Ukrainian Rights Activist Says Poland Has Barred Her From Travel In EU
- Who is Alex Jones from InfoWars, what did he say about Sandy Hook and what conspiracy theories does he believe in?
- US mobile network limits access to firefighters battling blaze
- Verizon Slowed California Fire Dept’s Data, Tried to Sell Them Costly New Plan
- FAA gives GIAA funds to build new firefighting facility
- The Democrats’ dilemma: should they impeach President Trump?
Verizon throttling firefighters may have violated FCC rule, Democrats say have 320 words, post on arstechnica.com at September 7, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.