Technology Vodafone said it would have 1,000 5G-enabled network sites in Britain by 2020, delivering blisteringly fast speeds and near-instant response times that it demonstrated by making Britain’s first holographic mobile call on Thursday. 21 Sep 2018 01:20AM Bookmark NEWBURY, England: Vodafone said it would have 1,000 5G-enabled network sites in Britain by 2020, delivering blisteringly fast speeds and near-instant response times that it demonstrated by making Britain’s first holographic mobile call on Thursday.The mobile phone company, which will start trials of 5G technology in seven British cities in the coming weeks, said Cornwall in southwest England and the Lake District national park in the northwest – two regions poorly served by existing coverage – would receive 5G during 2019.The advent of fifth generation mobile telecoms is essential to coping with growth in demand for ever-higher speeds, capacity and reliability, and operators hope it will open up a host of new business cases such as connected cars, factories and cities.All four of Britain’s networks are kicking off trials of 5G services, although consumers will not be able to make calls until 5G-ready handsets start to arrive next year.Vodafone UK’s chief technology officer Scott Petty said 5G technology would ultimately enable… Read full this story
- EE consolidates dominance in UK mobile performance, according to new RootMetrics report
- GOP representative ousted by teachers to join McConnell’s 2020 Senate campaign
- UK? Duke? Memphis? Who leads for the top 25 basketball prospects in the 2019 class?
- No matter the quarterback, Kentucky’s offense looks ready to roll
- ‘I want ‘em all’: Here’s UK’s plan to raid Louisville for football talent.
- Speech by UK ambassador during the Queen's Birthday Party in Mogadishu
- Verizon's 5G sales pitch: Free TV
- Verizon and Motorola Unveil the First U.S. 5G Smartphone-Sort Of
- Buses become ‘rolling libraries’ as Lexington public schools reopen
- ‘Phenomenal’ or problematic. Dozens voice opinions on Herald-Leader site as next city hall.
Vodafone to roll out 1,000 5G sites in UK by 2020 have 310 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at September 21, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.