California Attorney General Xavier Becerra filed California’s 40th lawsuit against the Trump administration on Friday, claiming that U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions has failed to uphold the United Nations’ refugee and gender policy. Becerra joined the District of Columbia and 17 other states in naming Attorney Jeff Sessions in a lawsuit filed in Washington, DC, federal court seeking to enjoin the U.S. Justice Department from reversing Obama administration policies and deny asylum to married women and their children that have been “victims of gender-based harm.”Sessions issued a 31-page policy on June 11 that the United States would no longer enforce a 2014 ruling by the Immigration Appeals Board granting asylum or withholding of removal under Immigration and Nationality Act to women claiming to be victims of domestic or gang violence in their native country. Sessions stated that prior to President Barack Obama’s 2014 initiative, asylum was only available for those who left their home country because of persecution or fear on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. He emphasized: “An alien may suffer threats and violence in a foreign country for any number of reasons relating to her social, economic, family, or other… Read full this story
- Jeff Sessions was just confirmed as US Attorney General — here’s why liberals are freaking out
- Jeff Sessions slams ‘sanctuary cities’: No federal grant money without compliance
- Top-ranking House Democrat: US drug policy is ‘unfinished business’ for Trump administration
- The Questions That ASEAN Youths Failed To Ask Obama. Should We Be Worried?
- FULL TEXT: UN rapporteur Callamard's speech at the drug policy forum
- People are ripping the Trump administration for withdrawing Obama-era guidance on transgender protections
- One big problem on DACA: Trump does not know what he wants
- Here are 16 candidates who could run for Democrats in the 2020 presidential election
- The Alabama special election is a microcosm of the divisions wracking the GOP
- Trump’s revised travel ban denounced by over 130 experts
California Sues Jeff Sessions for Failing to Uphold U.N. Refugee Gender Policy have 320 words, post on www.breitbart.com at October 1, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.