The Bridge invited all seven candidates for three Washington County Senate seats to respond to our candidate questionnaire on issues facing the legislature in the 2019-2020 biennium. There is one open seat this term because Sen. Francis Brooks of Montpelier did not seek re-election. Incumbents seeking re-election are Sens. Ann Cummings and Anthony Pollina. Here are the candidates’ responses. Ken Alger, Republican from South Barre Chris Bradley, Republican from Northfield Ann Cummings, Democrat from Montpelier Andrew Perchlik, Democrat from Montpelier Anthony Pollina, Progressive/Democrat from Middlesex Dwayne Tucker, Republican from Barre Barry Wadle, Independent from Barre Town The Bridge: If there was one bill you could guarantee would become law in 2019 what would it be? Ken Alger: I would like to see a bill passed that would save our green spaces in Vermont. The destruction of our environment in order to meet our renewable energy needs should be addressed. Vermont has acres of paved parking lots that could be utilized by raising solar panels above parking spots. Rooftop applications should be encouraged as well. Tax incentives for private business and a mandate for state-owned buildings and paved areas to meet these goals should be included. Testing of biofuels in our state fleet… Read full this story
- Books, border and Beto's beard. Here's the weekly roundup on the potential 2020 field.
- Roy Moore: Alabama Senate candidate denies child sex abuse
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Texas Dems flee to Washington
- Who Is Alabama Senate Candidate Roy Moore? His Most Controversial Moments
- Trump Pardons Joe Arpaio, Who Became Face of Crackdown on Illegal Immigration
- Democrats' quandary on supporting anti-abortion party members
- Has Lindsey Graham Become Too Trumpy for South Carolina? Not So Fast
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Goldman Sachs - Voting rights will be on '22, '24 ballots
- The 2018 Midterms Could Kill the American Moderate for Good
- Fate of 10 GOP impeachers since Capitol riot shows 'going against Trump is the death knell'
Candidates for Washington County Senate Share Their Views have 317 words, post on www.montpelierbridge.com at October 21, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.