A week before Vice President Mike Pence accused China of election interference in a bellicose speech at the conservative Washington think tank the Hudson Institute, the same institute hosted an event where participants advocated for an end to the trade war between the Washington and Beijing.”We should focus not on the tariffs and tit-for-tat and this kind of narrative. We should think about how we can benefit and how we can keep the world in prosperity and have another four decades of continuous growth between the U.S. and China,” said Huiyao Wang, president of China’s Center for China and Globalization and an adviser to the Chinese government.China’s ruling Communist Party has a web of influencers working across the United States to promote pro-Chinese views via think tanks, universities and the media. In his speech at the Hudson Institute, Pence noted that China had “initiated an unprecedented effort to influence American public opinion, the 2018 elections and the environment leading into the 2020 presidential elections,” using “covert actors, front groups and propaganda outlets to shift Americans’ perception of Chinese policy.”But experts said that there was no evidence to suggest that China was actively working to influence the upcoming midterm elections the… Read full this story
- Joe Biden will defeat Donald Trump, says historian who has correctly predicted every presidential contest since 1984
- Donald Trump says he will fly to see Hurricane Laura's devastation at weekend after FEMA briefing on impact - which he brought son Eric to
- Donald Trump says he believes former chief of staff John Kelly is behind claims he called dead troops 'losers' and 'suckers' as he attacks the gold star father for getting 'eaten alive' and being 'unable to function' in his White House
- 'A monarchy in disguise.' Robert Redford launches furious attack on 'dictator-like' Donald Trump saying he is a threat to 'our sacred rule of law' - but does NOT back impeachment
- Trump says China ‘will own the US’ if Joe Biden wins US election as he blasts presidential rival at RNC
- Trump Says He Will ‘Leave His Business.’ That Probably Means Nothing.
- 'Protesters, Your Ass,' Donald Trump Says About Demonstrations After RNC
- Donald Trump says US doesn’t know if Russia’s Navalny was poisoned
- Nikki Haley says China took ‘naive’ US for a ride, calls India real friend
- Joe Biden tells Donald Trump to 'get off Twitter' and start helping schools reopen as he blasts chaos and says 'families across this country are paying for his failures'
Donald Trump Says China Is Meddling in U.S. Elections–Experts Say That's False but an Influence Campaign Is Very Real have 412 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 15, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.