“Thank you very much for that warm welcome. You’ll have to excuse me if I cough during this speech; I’ve been up all night supergluing the backdrop. There are some things about last year’s conference I have tried to forget. But I will always remember the warmth I felt from everyone in the hall. You supported me all the way – thank you. NO LIMIT TO WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE This year marks a century since the end of the First World War. Just a few hundred yards from this conference centre stands a Hall of Memory, built to honour the sacrifice of men and women from this city in that terrible conflict. Inscribed within it are some familiar words: ‘AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN, AND IN THE MORNING, WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.’ We do remember them. We remember the young men who left their homes to fight and die in the mud and horror of the trenches. We remember the sailors who shovelled coal into hellfire furnaces in the bowels of battleships. We remember the selflessness of a remarkable generation, whose legacy is the freedom we enjoy today. I think of Hubert Grant – my father’s cousin… Read full this story
- Suited and wasted Tories mark the end of Conservative Party conference with an extremely drunken night out
- Theresa May’s Tories have biggest lead in power over Labour since first Gulf War in 1991
- Theresa May backs Attorney General Jeremy Wright after he lands public with MASSIVE bill by losing Brexit case
- Fawning on Putin and haranguing Theresa May: Trump's 'troubling' calls to world leaders revealed by White House officials
- Theresa May: UK Conservatives rally behind embattled PM after speech fiasco
- Theresa May ignores Brexit to focus on domestic agenda
- Theresa May struggles to sell vision of the 'British Dream'
- Theresa May: I will bring divided Tory Party to heel
- +++ Theresa May's Conservatives lose absolute majority in UK parliamentary elections - live updates +++
- My mum never voted Tory… but she’d back Theresa May
READ IN FULL: Theresa May's speech to the 2018 Conservative Party conference have 334 words, post on www.politicshome.com at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.