If I learned one thing from reading The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey, it’s that LaVey liked to fuck, but I also learned a lot of other life lessons, and they are surprisingly practical and actually pretty positive. Advertisement Though there is a lot of stuff in there about rituals and bells and witchy women wearing sexy outfits—unless you’re old because that’s not the energy LaVey was looking for—the overall message of the book is one of self-acceptance, self-indulgence, and self-respect. If one were to revise the ubiquitous “Live, Love, Laugh!” wall decal in the spirit of Satanism, it would read “Eat, Bone, Avenge!” The Satan described by LaVey isn’t the one the Church Lady warned you about. Satan is a concept, symbol, or force to be harnessed to live an enjoyable, successful life. Satan is not an anthropomorphic horned entity to whom one sacrifices animals and children—in fact, that’s a big Satanist no-no. In the chapter “On the Choice of Human Sacrifice,” LaVey explains that “under NO circumstances would a Satanist sacrifice any animal or baby!” How does one generate the energy needed for effective spells, you ask? By jerking off (cool), or by sacrificing someone “asking to… Read full this story
- 5 Life Lessons Learned Working at McDonald's
- Charlestown’s Hugh Coleman teaches his players life lessons: “It’s about holding them to a standard . . . ”
- The Satanic Temple says Netflix's 'Sabrina' stole Baphomet statue design, is 'taking legal action'
- Preacher season 3 boasted poignant writing and devilishly good performances
- In his new whirlwind life, Adam Rippon keeps lessons from skating close
- Leadership lessons of Ireland's smiling assassin Joe Schmidt
- Everything I Needed to Know About Life I Learned Building Car Models
- Music Doing Good nonprofit’s applications for scholarships available
- Jean, Ellen and Bush offer lessons on compassion
- Life on the Road: What Does It Take to Become a Journeyman Footballer?
Surprisingly Good Life Lessons From the Satanic Bible have 312 words, post on lifehacker.com at October 22, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.