If local Democrats were hoping for a break from politics after Tuesday’s midterm election, Clout can assure you a respite is coming. For exactly one week. Former Vice President Joe Biden comes to Philly on Nov. 13 to raise money for U.S. Rep. Bob Brady, chairman of the city’s Democratic Party. After 20 years in Congress, Brady is not seeking reelection this fall, and, as we reported last month, he hasn’t donated this year to fellow Democrats in the country’s closest races. But Brady has debts to pay. And … higher office to seek? The Biden event will raise cash for Brady’s new federal political action committee, Friends of Bob Brady, launched in March, which has already brought in $61,550. Brady also still carries $663,390 in debt, mostly to three law firms, for the PAC he used in 2007 to run unsuccessfully for mayor, according to a January campaign finance report. Brady said he didn’t want to collect money under false pretenses, as he’s no longer a House candidate. And, he added, he might someday run for the Senate. “Don’t laugh,” Brady said. “People don’t like [Sen.] Pat Toomey. People are bugging me to run.” Toomey, a Lehigh County Republican, is up for reelection in 2022. Brady also said he… Read full this story
- Joseph DiStefano: Long Before Hunter’s Ukraine Gig, Joe Biden Used ‘Legal Graft’ to Enrich His Family
- 'That's the way it works in politics!' Lindsey Graham defends decision to investigate Joe Biden's actions surrounding Ukraine prosecutor's firing that benefited his son Hunter
- Joe Biden Is Fighting Complacency As 2020 Front-Runner
- Democrats Doubt Joe Biden’s South Carolina Lead Will Hold After Early State Losses
- Joe Biden launches eight-day, 800-mile 'No Malarkey' bus tour of Iowa to make personal appeal for support in a critical state where he has lost ground in polls
- Joe Biden Is Running For President
- Graham says he loves Joe Biden 'as a person,' but Hunter Biden's Burisma work 'doesn’t pass the smell test'
- Joe Biden Is Running As An Obama–Biden Democrat. But He Doesn’t Have Obama.
- Support For Joe Biden Plummets 10 Points After Debate
- Many Young Black Voters Are Tired Of Joe Biden Clinging To Barack Obama’s Legacy
Joe Biden is raising money for Rep. Bob Brady … for a 2022 Senate run? have 366 words, post on www2.philly.com at November 2, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.