Ed Woodward has claimed Jose Mourinho and Manchester United’s players are “fully united” in their bid to arrest the club’s dismal start to the season. United’s comprehensive 3-1 defeat to Manchester City on Sunday left Mourinho’s side languishing in eighth with a negative goal difference and trailing the Premier League leaders by 12 points. Mourinho – whose position has been under intense scrutiny this season – now faces a battle to ensure United qualify for the Champions League, with the team seven points adrift of fourth-placed Tottenham. The United manager’s relationship with numerous players has come under severe strain this term but Woodward believes all parties were working together to get the season back on track. Speaking on an investor call to discuss United’s first quarter accounts, the United executive vice-chairman said: “On the pitch, we remain well positioned in the Champions League, and although we’ve had a mixed start to our domestic campaign, the squad and manager are fully united in their determination to regain our momentum in the Premier League.” United’s revenues for the three months to September 30 this year fell 6.1 per cent to £135 million on the previous year, although this was mainly put down… Read full this story
- Man Utd have Ralf Rangnick issues as club in battle for new boss to take charge vs Arsenal
- Roy Keane laments Man Utd players as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer prediction comes true
- Barcelona eyeing additional Man Utd player as they prepare Edinson Cavani swoop
- Four Man Utd players now safe from Old Trafford exit after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacking
- Roy Keane names four Man Utd players Ralf Rangnick must improve - 'The biggest challenge'
- Why Watford star Emmanuel Dennis is not playing for Arsenal or Man Utd after transfer interest while at Club Brugge
- 7 Man Utd players Ralf Rangnick could turn to as captain instead of Harry Maguire
- Seven Man Utd players may take issue with Ralf Rangnick’s controversial stance on tattoos
- Man Utd need only look at Everton disaster in appointing Ralf Rangnick's successor
- Sir Alex Ferguson's transfer appeal to Man Utd board two years ago may be about to pay off
Jose Mourinho and Man Utd players 'fully united' in bid to arrest club’s dismal start have 351 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at November 15, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.