North Korea has successfully tested an unspecified “newly developed ultramodern tactical weapon,” state media has reported It did not appear to be a test of a nuclear device or a long-range missile with the potential to target the US. A string of such tests last year had many fearing war before the North turned to engagement and diplomacy. North Korea has not publicly tested any weapons since November 2017, but Pyongyang recently expressed anger at US-led international sanctions and ongoing small-scale military drills between South Korea and the United States. Earlier this month, North Korea’s Foreign Ministry warned it could bring back its policy of bolstering its nuclear arsenal if it does not receive sanctions relief. “It’s North Korea-style coercive diplomacy. North Korea is saying ‘If you don’t listen to us, you will face political burdens’,” said analyst Shin Beomchul of Seoul’s Asan Institute for Policy Studies. Diplomacy has stalled since a summit between Mr Kim and US president Donald Trump in June, with Washington pushing for more action on nuclear disarmament and the North insisting that the US first approve a peace declaration formally ending the Korean War and lift sanctions. Mr Shin said the weapon North Korea tested could be… Read full this story
- US watching North Korea for ‘Christmas gift’ missile launch
- North Korea fires multiple ballistic missiles
- Iran and North Korea: The return of John Bolton's 'axis of evil'?
- Bolton: 'Military Force Has to Be an Option' on Denuclearizing North Korea
- US Watching North Korea for 'Christmas Gift' Missile Launch
- North Korea wants to be in next two Olympics, says IOC chief
- North Korea agrees to talks with South ahead of leaders' summit
- North Korea's 'Christmas gift' could be a new anti-US hard-line policy, source says
- North Korean tests raise concern and pressure for Trump diplomacy
- Kim Jong-un Orders North Korea to ‘Bolster Up’ Military Before Christmas Deadline
North Korea tests 'newly developed ultramodern tactical weapon' have 315 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at November 16, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.