Despite welcoming 500 international cruises each year, Vietnam only hosts around 300,000 tourists from cruises – just 3 per cent of the total number of foreigners visiting the country in a year – and the percentage of tourists visiting by cruise did not grow in 2017. A Genting Cruise ship docks at Tiên Sa Port Trương Thị Thu Hương from the Vietnam National Tourism Administration (VNAT) told the Đà Nẵng International Cruise Tourism conference on Thursday that Vietnam, with 45 sea ports, was seen as a top-four cruise destination in the world after Japan, China and Thailand. She said international cruises often dock at two or three ports in Vietnam during their ocean voyages. Hương said famous cruises including Super Star Virgo, Star Cruise, Costa Victoria and Genting Dream had visited Vietnam. “We have developed a deep-sea port system for giant cruise ships from 50,000GRT (Gross Tonnage) to 100,000GRT, and six ports – Hòn Gai, Chân Mây, Tiên Sa, Nha Trang, Phú Mỹ and Phú Quốc – were designed to host cruise ships only,” Hương said. She said poor tourism products and shopping centres as well as insufficient port infrastructure have kept cruise tourism at bay, while connections between ports… Read full this story
- Resorts, rides and rustic charm: Will new-look Desaru be Johor’s next tourism gem?
- Charleston cruisers can keep their bags packed for Cuba — for the time being
- INVESTOR EXCITEMENT FOR USVI TOURISM
- Tourism still taking a hit
- Cuba cruises halted by Trump administration's new rules
- Opinion: Infrastructure is the key to 2020 presidential election
- Best practices help Juneau absorb leap in tourist traffic
- Sailing in Treacherous Waters to Alaska. With Toddlers for Crew.
- 36 Hours in Outer Cape Cod
- The Ultimate Bucket List of Essential Oregon Coast Experiences
Poor infrastructure keeps Vietnam’s cruise tourism at bay have 284 words, post on dtinews.vn at November 17, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.