Jane and Jim Isebrand went to Shell Point’s 50th celebration thinking they’d stay for just a little bit. “We left almost three hours later,” Jane Iseband said. Shell Point Retirement Community celebrated its 50th year with a museum-type experience in the Village Church called ‘Golden Memories: A Walk Through The Decades’ on Oct. 23. The 2,400 residents and 1,100 employees had a chance to stroll around the exhibit and not only see panels noting key dates and achievements from the 1960s, ‘70s, ‘80s, ‘90s and 2000s but look at memorabilia from those time periods. Those included old TV sets from each decade playing commercials and music videos from those time periods; a humorous display of what was considered modern technology from early years with rotary dial telephones, bulky camcorders, 8-track tape players, film and slide projectors, and a working stereo playing music from the 1960s; a variety of hats, purses, gloves, jewelry and other women’s accessories from the 1950s, 60s and 80s; board games and popular toys that brought back memories such as Slinkies, Rubik’s Cubes, old roller skates and hula hoops; and from more recent eras there were Star Wars figures, action hero lunch boxes, a disco ball and a variety… Read full this story
- Amazon rainforest and Caribbean coral reefs could COLLAPSE in less than 50 years as the world's biggest ecosystems come under 'stress' due to climate change
- Climate change may doom 1 in 3 species of plants and animals in the next 50 years
- Data | 50 years of non-proliferation of nuclear weapons treaty: will disarmament be achieved?
- Roston Chase equals Garry Sobers' 50-year record against India
- Global wine production predicted to slump to 50-year low
- Micky Dolenz Remembers 50 Years of Music, Madness and
- s Carole Radziwill Shows Off her NYC Home and the 50-year-old Couch that's Become an Honorary Cast Member
- Wow! Mortgage Rates Reach Lowest Level in Almost 50 Years
- How an international treaty signed 50 years ago became the backbone for space law
- Tim Waterstone: 'If reading is going be all digital in 50 years, so be it'
Shell Point's walk down memory lane is 50-year blend of community history, U.S. life have 337 words, post on www.news-press.com at November 8, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.