Sinn Féin would accept Arlene Foster returning as first minister if there was a deal to restore devolution, the party’s MLA John O’Dowd has said. They had previously demanded that Mrs Foster step aside while the Renewable Heat Incentive scandal is investigated.But Mr O’Dowd said two years on from Stormont’s collapse, Sinn Féin would “not object” if the DUP nominated her. It reflects recent remarks of Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald, who said in June: “Politics has moved on.” Who’s calling the shots on NI policy? NI ‘not eligible’ for no-government world record Stormont deadlock need-to-know guide The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) inquiry has completed oral hearings into the flawed green energy scheme but is not expected to publish its findings until next year.Speaking on BBC NI’s The View, Mr O’Dowd agreed that his party’s stance on Mrs Foster’s role has changed over time. “Two years after Arlene Foster was effectively sacked as first minister by Martin McGuinness, who the DUP choose as their leader – if and when we get to a position where we have an executive and a rights-based society – then if Arlene Foster is nominated as the joint first minister by the DUP, it’s… Read full this story
- Troubles inquests: Funding 'must be released without delay', Sinn Féin says
- Israeli Facebook Page Aims to Foster Ties with Iraqis
- Defense Minister Liberman: Israel Destroyed ‘Almost All’ Iranian Sites in Syria
- Jodie Foster's 'Black Mirror' episode turns parental control into a nightmare
- Rabbi Shmuley: A Discussion with Poland’s Prime Minister About the Holocaust
- Is Art Acceptable In Verification?
- Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu offends Japan's prime minister by serving him dessert out of a shoe
- Migrants to Europe 'need to go home', says Czech prime minister
- Minister Claims India Invented the Internet 3,000 Years Ago
- French company launches beachside tech accelerator to foster aquatic innovation
Sinn Féin would accept Arlene Foster as first minister have 322 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at November 2, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.