Back to English Comments Travel & Life – December 22, 2018 | 02:47 pm GMT+7 Christmas is around the corner, and Hanoians are set to celebrate it both as a religious festival and a new cultural tradition.In Vietnam, a predominantly Buddhist nation, Christmas is not an official public holiday. For most people, it is just another normal day, no one gets a day off. But mass marketing has ensured that most offices celebrate the event with Xmas trees and gifts, many families have adopted the habit of giving gifts to their children through Santa Clauses that deliver them.People wear Santa hats and go out to enjoy the Xmas atmosphere, with downtown streets glittering with lights as shopping malls and other establishments put up fancy decorations and offer festival discounts.In the capital city Hanoi, nowhere is the Xmas spirit more pronounced than at the famous St. Joseph’s Cathedral, where decorations are already up, with neon lights, big Christmas trees and stars. The Cathedral is especially beautiful at this time of the year, attracting thousands of people, particularly in the night. To the right of the cathedral, Adrian and Sven are soaking atmosphere in, drinking Hanoi beer. They’ve came all the way… Read full this story
- EU-funded project pushes arts, culture, creativity in Vietnam
- Mumbaikars celebrated the Second Edition of International Curry Week!
- Mysterious 6,000-year-old pottery belonging to an 'unknown culture' dating back to 4640 BC is found in Ecuador
- HCM City celebrates Indian Diwali Festival
- First ever Hanoi Int’l Marathon scheduled next April
- Hanoi to host first-ever international marathon
- International media centre for 2nd DPRK-USA Summit inaugurated
- Hanoi - venue of important events
- Sports Vietnam gives green light to F1 race in Hanoi Tuoi Tre News returns with revamp after three-month break
- Eyes On Design Announces Aliterative Show: Mustangs, Maseratis, Mass Market, Military, Muscle & Movies – Cars and Pop Culture
In Hanoi, Xmas is a popular cultural celebration - VnExpress International have 309 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 22, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.