Matthew Lewis/Getty Images TalkSport presenter Jim White says Manchester United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward told him the “top people in the game” are keen to take over as the club’s manager, although no appointment will be made until the end of the season. The Red Devils axed Jose Mourinho recently after the club’s worst-ever start to a Premier League season, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer coming in to replace the Portuguese on a contract until the end of the campaign. According to White, Woodward has told him there are a number of high-profile candidates interested in succeeding the Norwegian: “Ed Woodward told me, on the record, that last week was not a proud one for Manchester United. He said the club now needed to undergo the proper process of finding the right manager and that nothing will be announced before the end of the season. “He said he’d been inundated with applications and recommendations—the top people in the game want this job. But he said, at the end of the day, nothing will be announced before the end of the season. “He also said [owners] the Glazers are huge United traditionalists and they want to emphasise that they want things to… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Is the 'Most Isolated' President Since Richard Nixon, Watergate Journalist Bob Woodward Says
- Ivanka Trump Reacts to Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal, Says Most Americans 'Want to Work for What They Get'
- Jimmy Butler wishes the Timberwolves well, won’t say why he wanted out
- Driver who hit, killed Boise man jaywalking on Vista won’t be charged
- Trump MAGA Hat-Wearing Man Declares White Men 'Most Discriminated Against' US Group in Op-Ed
- ‘Shame on You’: Trump Ally Jim Jordan Berated by Michael Cohen in Heated Testimony Clash
- Peyton Manning goes deep with pass at NFL's storied history
- DealBook Briefing: Will the Jobs Report Lift the Gloom From the Economy?
- Dane Cook on New Fans, Game of Thrones and His Renaissance
- Workers getting fattest wage increases since Great Recession, economists say
Jim White: Ed Woodward Says Top People in the Game Want Man Utd Job have 334 words, post on bleacherreport.com at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.