QUECHEE, Vt. (WCAX) Vermont officials will not move forward with a plan to build a temporary net over the Quechee Gorge. The net would be used to prevent suicides at the bridge.
Instead, Vermont Agency of Transportation officials say they will keep their plan for a permanent safety fence.
The project manager says there would be a lot of costs and additional work if they went with temporary netting.
A temporary fence was installed last month to address a number of suicides and other incidents at the gorge.
- Maharashtra Police deradicalisation project: Safety net, skills training, bank loans
- A Bunch of Almost-Dead Guys Just Ran Your Safety Net Through a Shredder, Then Lit What Remained on Fire, Then Took a Giant Dump on the Ashes
- IMF approves $450mn installment for Pakistan
- Gaggle Webinar Alert - How Districts Can Use Technology to Support Student Health and Safety
- Poor safety mechanism, work pressure maims thousands in auto sector: Report
- NTA UGC-NET December 2019 admit card released, here's direct link
- Report: Nets Hit Mother Lode, To Sign Durant, Irving, Jordan
- Amid Championship Drought, Some NYC Sports Fans Are Pinning Their Hopes Of A Title On Nets
- Nets Withstand Ingram’s Big Game, Hold Off Pelicans
- NTA UGC NET December 2019 admit card to be released today