Sondra Locke was an actor, producer, director and talented singer. But it was her destiny to be linked forever with Clint Eastwood, whose partner she was from the mid-1970s to the late 1980s. She was a sexy, charismatic performer with a tough, lean look who starred alongside Eastwood in hit movies like The Outlaw Josey Wales, The Gauntlet, Every Which Way But Loose (in which she sang her own songs — also for the sequel Any Which Way You Can) and Bronco Billy. But the pair became trapped in one of the most notoriously toxic relationships in Hollywood history, an ugly, messy and abusive overlap of the personal and professional — a case of love gone sour and mentorship gone terribly wrong. Locke was already married when she met Eastwood — to a gay sculptor called Gordon Leigh Anderson, with whom she had a platonic relationship. She never divorced him and the marriage was still legal throughout her relationship with Eastwood, a fact which undoubtedly counted against her in their painful legal contest. She became a test case and talking-point in America’s sexual politics debate when she sued Eastwood twice, once for “palimony” after their relationship acrimoniously ended, and then… Read full this story
- Trapped in an on-again, off-again relationship and can't break free? Tracey Cox reveals how to stop toxic ‘relationship recycling’ (and never look back)
- Clint Eastwood to Direct Jessica Buchanan Biopic Impossible Odds
- Drew Lock's strong finish altered Denver Broncos NFL draft plans
- Tom Hardy's 20 best film performances – ranked!
- BEL MOONEY: Should I walk away from my lazy, toxic brother?
- Horse racing-Former Kentucky Derby winner Charismatic dead at 21
- Drew Lock can 'make every throw,' according to one analyst
- 10 Characteristics Of A Healthy Relationship That You Must Know
- Relationship Rehab: Cruise marks end of couple’s sex life
- Locked up for being sick: Kenyan prisoners recount their experience
Sondra Locke: a charismatic performer defined by a toxic relationship with Clint Eastwood have 314 words, post on www.theguardian.com at December 14, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.