Back in Victorian times, refreshment rooms and bars proved to be the heart of railway stations. Nowadays most people rarely stop off for a drink or bite before travelling – but thanks to a group of passionate entrepreneurs and railway enthusiasts, these establishments are experiencing a major comeback. Think everything from cosy bars with plush seating to elegant ballrooms that have been transformed into pubs. Then there are the drinks menus where you’ll find everything from classic cocktails to craft beers and soft drinks to hydrate before your journey. Mirror Travel turned to rail expert Kate Andrews, co-founder of train tickets search engine Loco2.com, to get the lowdown on her favourite spots across the UK for a trackside drink. Check out her top picks below… 1. The Sheffield Tap, Sheffield This bar on Platform 1b is an immaculate restoration job. Simple and elegant, it has many of the original features of its former existence as the Edwardian Refreshment Room & Dining Rooms, and every bit of the charm. The owners thought it would be a tragedy to fill this traditional space with a familiar big brand. Instead, it’s a free house, sourcing the best beers from across the world as… Read full this story
- Luck by chance at Andheri railway station
- 10 best museums across the UK as voted for by tourists
- Converted railway station with a train carriage in the garden on sale for £550,000
- Bristol Temple Meads railway station gets £10.2m upgrade
- 10 Top National Parks For You To Visit In The U.S.
- Jodie Turner-Smith reveals she spent last afternoon in Cannes ‘in the police station’ after jewellery worth thousands stolen
- 10 beautiful gardens to visit this summer
- Inside train station with carriage and platform transformed into home on sale for £550k
- Flybe collapse: All of UK train operators offer passengers and staff free travel
- Best wild swimming spots in the UK from fairy pools to lagoons
10 beautiful railway station bars in the UK that are well worth a visit have 313 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.