A nurse is accused of impregnating a woman in a vegetative state who later gave birth A 36-year-old nurse has been arrested on suspicion of impregnating a woman in a vegetative state who unexpectedly gave birth last month at a Phoenix health care facility, police said Wednesday. Nathan Sutherland, a licensed practical nurse who was caring for the woman at the Hacienda HealthCare facility, has been charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of vulnerable adult abuse, according to court documents from Maricopa County Superior Court. A court order compelled Sutherland to provide a DNA sample to investigators on Tuesday, and crime lab technicians determined his DNA “matched the baby,” Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said. Sutherland was arrested on Tuesday. A judge set a cash bond at $500,000 and scheduled Sutherland’s next court appearance for January 30. The nurse is being held in the Maricopa County Jail. Sutherland has “invoked his Fifth Amendment rights” and has not participated in an interview with police, Thompson said. The arrest is the latest chapter in a weekslong investigation that started when the 29-year-old woman — who is not able to give consent and has been at the facility since… Read full this story
- N.Y. husband hid his coronavirus symptoms from a hospital so he could see his wife after she gave birth
- Woman gives birth in ambulance after Karnataka closes borders
- A man was showing symptoms of coronavirus, but came to the hospital to see his partner give birth
- Heaven's Gate, 23 Years Later: Remembering 38 People Who Died with Cult Leader
- Birth in a pandemic: 'You are stronger than you think'
- Drake 'felt ashamed' to have baby with porn star he'd only met twice before son's birth
- Coronavirus pandemic | Trucks with vegetables, other essentials stranded on Kerala-Karnataka border
- Fathers banned from births. Health ‘visits’ over the phone. Midwives in short supply. And yet, as these moving stories show, not even the Covid crisis can dim the joy of a newborn
- Two hundred die from coronavirus in a DAY in New York state: Gov Andrew Cuomo reveals soaring death toll as announces some hospitals will ONLY cater to coronavirus patients
- The 'Year of the Woman' 2.0 is approaching
A nurse is accused of impregnating a woman in a vegetative state who later gave birth have 356 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at January 24, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.