Here is an easy-to-understand guide to Brexit – beginning with the basics, then a look at the current negotiations, followed by a selection of answers to questions we’ve been sent. What does Brexit mean?It is a word that is used as a shorthand way of saying the UK leaving the EU – merging the words Britain and exit to get Brexit, in the same way as a possible Greek exit from the euro was dubbed Grexit in the past. Further reading: The rise of the word BrexitWhy is Britain leaving the European Union?A referendum – a vote in which everyone (or nearly everyone) of voting age can take part – was held on Thursday 23 June, 2016, to decide whether the UK should leave or remain in the European Union. Leave won by 51.9% to 48.1%. The referendum turnout was 71.8%, with more than 30 million people voting.Find the result in your area Get the results in full. Leave Remain Local result only How NI results are counted Results in full What was the breakdown across the UK?England voted for Brexit, by 53.4% to 46.6%. Wales also voted for Brexit, with Leave getting 52.5% of the vote and Remain 47.5%…. Read full this story
- Brexit trade deal finally agreed in historic breakthrough between UK and EU
- German media savages the EU for its vaccine shambles and tears into Ursula von der Leyen's UK jabs threat - while jealously admiring 'Brexit Brits' for ordering vaccines THREE MONTHS before Brussels
- Is Scottish Independence Push Worth the Pain Given COVID and Brexit Impact?
- Turmoil as EU Citizens Offered Money to Voluntarily Leave UK Post-Brexit
- No, EU can't have our jabs! Boris Johnson dismisses Brussels bid to snatch up to 75million Covid-19 vaccines made in the Britain as AstraZeneca hints they will NOT bend to EU demands
- EU to unveil vaccine export crackdown plans TODAY as row over supplies grows after Belgian inspectors raided AstraZeneca plant to investigate claims of production delays
- Europe goes to war on vaccines: EU unveils export controls that could stop vaccines reaching Britain after forcing AstraZeneca to publish contract in a bid to make the firm hand over its UK jabs
- Boss of 192-year old luxury English shoemakers Tricker's says Brexit red tape will cost firm an extra £100,000 a year on exports to Europe
- The UK 'Will Not Exist In 10 Years' Without Reform, Warns Former Welsh First Minister
- Brexit: EU insists on open border in Ireland, say Angela Merkel and Leo Varadkar
Brexit: All you need to know about the UK leaving the EU have 396 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at January 30, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.