The Chinese government has called on India and Pakistan to exercise restraint in the ongoing fallout over a recent terrorist attack in Kashmir, after India launched airstrikes on Pakistani territory. “India and Pakistan are both important countries in South Asia. Sound relations and cooperation serve the interest of both countries for peace and stability in South Asia,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang said at a briefing in Beijing Tuesday. “We hope the two countries can keep restraint and do more to improve bilateral relations,” he added. Also on rt.com India bombs Pakistan, saying it targeted terrorist camps in cross-border air raid The latest call for calm comes after the Indian Air Force reportedly sent 12 Mirage 2000 multi-role fighter jets to bomb sites purported to belong to the Jaish-e-Mohammed separatist group. The group claimed responsibility for the February 14 suicide bomb attack which killed 40 members of India’s Central Reserve Police Force. It is by far the most severe escalation between the rival nations since the attack, following measures including the diversion of rivers and calls for economic ‘isolation’ of Pakistan by India. Also on rt.com Weaponized water: India threatens to divert 3 rivers away from Pakistan Tuesday’s… Read full this story
- China calls on India to 'promptly' return captured soldier
- China calls for immediate return of PLA soldier held by Indian Army
- India Offers to Boost Sri Lankan Navy as China Challenges Delhi's Dominance in Indian Ocean
- US Congressman Accuses China of 'Blackmailing' India Over 5G Amid Washington's Pressure on Allies
- India, Pakistan exchange list of Indian prisoners
- China has deployed underwater drones in Indian Ocean: Report
- China Calls Xinjiang Human Rights Violations Claims 'Lie of the Century'
- India, China Foreign Ministers meet in Russia; agree to ease border tensions at LAC
- Group Behind India-Pakistan Flare-up Profiled
- Dealing with India’s two-front challenge
China calls on Pakistan & India to show restraint following Indian airstrike have 295 words, post on www.rt.com at February 26, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.