Worthing Borough Council’s income from council tax increased by £2.9 million last year, new figures show. The Local Government Association, which represents councils in England, said “unprecedented cuts” were driving council tax rates up across the country.In Worthing, the council raised £55.3 million from council tax between April and December last year, according to the latest figures from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.This was an increase of 5.6 per cent compared to the same period during the 2017-18 financial year, when it collected £52.4 million.Across England, council tax income increased by 6.4 per cent over the same period, climbing to £25.2 billion for the nine-month period.A spokesman for the LGA said: “Councils do all they can to keep council tax as low as possible but, faced with unprecedented funding cuts, are increasingly being left with no choice but to increase it to help fund vital services.“Councils will be asking people to pay similar levels of council tax this year while at the same time warning communities that the quality and quantity of services they enjoy could drop.”Local authorities face a funding gap of £8 billion by 2025, he added, warning that the Government’s upcoming Spending Review would… Read full this story
- As Port Covington Won Big With Trump Tax Break, Brooklyn Lost
- Cabinet approves further crab banks
- Won’t justices probe JBC on Sereno SALNs?
- Here’s 5 ways Singapore’s massive Budget 2019 announcements will affect working millennials
- Here are 5 ways Singapore’s massive Budget 2019 announcements will affect working millennials
- Half of Americans say they are personally ready for a gay president but just 40 per cent believe the rest of the country is, new poll shows as Pete Buttigieg moves into top tier of 2020 Democrats
- Free-spending federal budget contains measures to boost women in the workforce, Indigenous services and science funding
- What's new in business news July 30th, 2013
- Weekly business news quiz: October 21-25, 2013
- FULL TEXT: Duterte's 2018 SONA speech
Council tax income in Worthing increased by £2.9 million last year have 323 words, post on www.worthingherald.co.uk at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.