In his second State of the Union address, President Donald Trump offered a path forward for a divided nation–unifying even his fiercest critics behind at least some of what he is trying to do. At key moments throughout the address, Trump was able to appeal to Democrats–who have taken control of the House of Representatives with a new majority the country elected in November–earning cheers from both sides of the aisle and a standing ovation from the whole chamber at the end of his address.His speech also rallied his base with key lines on immigration, investigations, abortion, and the economy, so Trump accomplished both goals he set out to do with the address: Unify the country at this particularly divisive place in political history and keep his own team engaged in the battles ahead. He also laid out an ambitious agenda going forward that he argues is nonpartisan, on everything from fighting cancer and HIV to stopping drug abuse to combating extremism and so much more. In addition, Trump showed his personality in moments where women in the chamber–dressed in white to commemorate the hundredth anniversary of women’s right to vote–stood for a key part of his speech and when… Read full this story
- Does President Trump have a legal path to reelection?
- President Trump Says He Will Leave The White House If The Electoral College Formalizes Joe Biden’s Victory
- Ex-Mueller Deputy Andrew Weissmann Compares President Trump to Hitler
- White House Aide Suggests No 'Clear Path Yet to a Full Recovery' as President Trump Says He Is 'Feeling Well'
- Six Cases of Wikipedia Editors Smearing President Trump
- President Trump raises legal team to challenge election results
- 100-year-old WWII veteran meets President Trump
- Fox News Host Says Trump Coordinating With Biden is in 'Country's Best Interest'
- Melania Trump, like America, may be more in love with President Trump than his critics would hope
- Republican leaders in four key States quash Donald Trump bid on electors
In Powerful State of the Union, President Trump Unifies Nation, Pushes Path Forward for Country have 325 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 6, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.