As we prepare to leave the EU it is a good time to take stock of what we do on the global stage, and that includes what we do with UK aid. As we prepare to leave the EU it is a good time to take stock of what we do on the global stage, and that includes what we do with UK aid. The British people are generous and care about the plight of others suffering in all corners of the globe. I know this because whenever there is an emergency appeal in the wake of a disaster the public donates millions to save lives and protect the vulnerable. I know this because my mail bag is full of people asking me to ensure girls everywhere can get an education, or telling me to combat killer diseases like malaria, polio or AIDS. Having been an aid worker myself, I know the power of aid. We are a nation that has made a commitment to spending 0.7% of our national income on international development. But despite the public’s pride in much of this work, they are concerned about the amount we spend when compared to their priorities at home. These… Read full this story
- Is Africa starting to choke on China's lending glut?
- Egypt sees Chinese investment, and tourists as a ‘win-win’ boost
- Education investment catching attention
- ‘Migrants sending money home are being taxed far too much – it’s time we stopped taking their hard-earned cash’
- How Putin plans to conquer Africa by loaning cash-strapped governments money and exploiting their natural resources
- ‘Use Sadiq Khan’s cash on new housing projects’ says chair of housing panel
- A once in a lifetime chance to transform Durham’s economic fortunes
- UK needs Turkish partnership on a range of issues, British envoy says
- John McDonnell claims Labour’s huge renationalisation plans won’t cost the public a PENNY
- Investment fund eyes Central cherry option
Penny Mordaunt says savers must be given a chance to invest their cash in overseas projects in Africa and Asia have 316 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.