Carrot farm in Duc Chinh village, Hai Duong province (Photo: Minh Long/VOV) Vietnam’s achievements in the agriculture sector last year were attributed to a joint effort by businesses, cooperatives, and policymakers to coordinate in production with processing in farming, husbandry, and aquaculture. Despite technical barriers set by demanding markets in the US, Japan, and the EU, Vietnam earned a record US$40 billion from agro-forestry-fishery products last year, up 3.1%. By boosting cooperation, more opportunities have been created for enterprises, farmers are encouraged to join cooperatives, and farm incomes boosted. Nguyen Duc Menh, director of Tan Huong Farm Produce and Food Processor in Hai Duong province, said his company buys hundreds of thousands of tons of fruit and vegetables each year for export and domestic consumption. Many of its products are sold in Japan and the Republic of Korea. Menh said, “We have been working with cooperatives to create a separate material zone. Early this year we signed a contract to send 500 tons of farm produce to Japan and more than 100 tons to the Republic of Korea. Food safety is essential for agricultural exports, especially to markets with strict quality requirements.” Nguyen Quoc Toan, Acting Director of the… Read full this story
- Can Farming Save Puerto Rico’s Future?
- George Orwell's "Animal Farm": Guide to the rise of authoritarianism in the Donald Trump era?
- Wind farms should meet third of our power need, Goverment says
- LYE CROSS FARM: UKEF credit cover boosts CHEDDAR maker’s export drive
- Trump-Kim summit host Vietnam is model for economic growth
- Vietnam, site of next Trump-Kim summit, model for growth
- Trump could try to sell North Korea a Vietnam model. But Kim's unlikely to be buying
- ‘Cow toilets’ to cut farm ammonia emissions by collecting urine
- Six months after the foot-and-mouth outbreak, farming life began again with first cattle sale
- Trump tariffs costing Americans $1.4 billion a month, have "no impact" on foreign exporters
Boosting links - key to increasing Vietnam’s farm produce exports have 312 words, post on english.vov.vn at March 10, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.