China is expected to remain Asia’s largest spender in technology, forking out US$256 billion this year and US$273 billion in 2020, as well as lead global markets in 5G where the country’s investments in telecommunications account for 57 percent of its overall tech expenditure. In fact, it has outspent the US by US$24 billion in 5G since 2015, with its three major telcos unveiling plans to launch commercial 5G networks by next year, according to Forrester. The research firm projected that tech spending in the Chinese market would climb 4 percent this year and 6 percent in 2020, despite ongoing trade tensions with the US that had slowed China’s economic growth. Japan, at US$198 billion, would be the region’s second-largest tech spender this year and, together with China, would contribute 60 percent of the total Asia-Pacific tech budget. India would place third at US$70 billion, Forrester predicted, while South Korea and Australia would each spend US$50 billion. Countries such as Taiwan, Indonesia, and Hong Kong would each spend between US$10 billion and US$30 billion, with Singapore as pack leader. “In addition to its slowly progressing smart nation vision , Singapore is doubling down on digital to boost the competitiveness of… Read full this story
- US-China Trade Dispute Could Have 'Unseen Effect on Global Economy'
- India’s 5G Rollout Not to Have Chinese Firms Participating Amid Spying Concerns
- US stock indexes end mixed as tech companies slide further
- China is winning the race on cryptocurrency tech patents, despite having banned ICOs
- World Factory 2.0: Will China Become Global Artificial Intelligence Trainer?
- FBI Investigating Massive Tech Thefts at American Universities by China
- China's Energy Imports From US Could Be Substituted by Supplies From Russia
- How Gamification is revolutionising how we shop, spend and save
- 'By 2030, economies like China and India will hold dominance over the West – and influence our decisions'
- RPT-Wall St Week Ahead-Capital spending outlook another worry ahead of earnings
China to lead APAC tech spend, 5G race ahead of global markets have 306 words, post on www.zdnet.com at March 20, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.