U.S. Donald Trump In addition to a Sunday afternoon tweet following the release of a summary of the Mueller investigation from Attorney General William Barr, President Donald Trump made his first public comments about the completion of the investigation before boarding Air Force One. Briefly speaking to reporters in Florida before his return to Washington, D.C., Trump called the investigation “an illegal takedown that failed.” “It’s a shame that our country had to go through this,” said Trump. ”To be honest, it’s a shame that your president has had to go through this.” U.S. President Donald Trump speaks to members of the media on the South Lawn prior to his departure from the White House March 22, 2019 in Washington, DC. President Trump is traveling to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, to meet with Caribbean leaders for a working visit. Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images Trump also expressed hope “somebody is gonna look at the other side,” following comments where he stated the “other side” had been ignored during Mueller’s investigation. The president also said he has “complete and total exoneration” through Mueller’s investigation, though Barr’s summary of the report stated that Mueller was unable to determine if Trump… Read full this story
- Trump blasts Mueller probe as 'attack on our country'
- Donald Trump faces tough January tests
- The best Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump anecdotes from the SI Vault
- Lawmakers of color expected a culture war from Donald Trump. Just not in sports.
- WWE: Was Donald Trump Fooled By a Work in 2007?
- The Donald Trump of Alabama? Tommy Tuberville eyes outsider’s bid for governor
- 'She has to say what she has to say': Trump gives Angela Merkel a pass over ‘tear down walls of ignorance' dig but insists on D-Day that Germany MUST step up its contribution to NATO
- Democratic Party sues Russia and the Trump campaign alleging conspiracy to influence the election
- Manafort’s lawyers want Mueller to name alleged accomplices cited in criminal indictment
- Trump executive order: Refugees detained at US airports
Donald Trump Calls Mueller Investigation "An Illegal Takedown That Failed," Says He Has 'Complete And Total Exoneration' have 338 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 24, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.