Source: Focus Information Agency Sofia. Many road traffic accidents can be prevented, Aleksi Kesyakov from the traffic safety committee at the Ministry of Interior told Focus Radio. In his words, on many indicators Bulgaria still needs to get closer to European standards. He commented that drivers’ ignorance of dangers on the road was among the main reasons for serious accidents with victims. In his opinion, the national traffic safety strategy and other measures helped reduce by 300 the number of victims per year in 2011-2018 compared to 2001-2010. Still, many of the accidents are preventable, he stressed, pointing out that in recent years Bulgaria had the highest mortality rate compared to the other EU countries. The expert underscored that mistakes at high speed were often fatal and that traffic safety was a shared responsibility. © 2019 All rights reserved. Citing Focus Information Agency is mandatory!
- Safety experts: Traffic signaling system might have prevented tragedy at Iberia Parish rail crossing where five were killed
- These are the deadliest times for traffic collisions
- Karnataka ranks No 3 in accident spots in the country
- Got ideas for making Baton Rouge railroad crossings safer? Attend DOTD's public meeting Nov. 6
- Baton Rouge first responders not at forefront of conversations about railroad closures
- Deaths Fell in Japan Last Year. How?
- Study Shows Distracted Driving Laws Might Not Be Nearly As Effective
- Fact check: Has the number of frontline police in Victoria fallen by 190 under Labor?
- ‘I felt like I was going to fall off’: Lorry rides and the push to make it safer for workers
- Politics foil replacing hazardous bridge to Jerusalem site
Expert: Many traffic accidents can be prevented have 257 words, post on www.focus-fen.net at March 29, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.