(Gray News) – Attorney General William Barr has given Congress the eagerly anticipated summary of the “principal conclusions” of special counsel Robert Mueller’s two-year Russia investigation. Barr delivered the summary to lawmakers Sunday afternoon, Rep. Jerry Nadler confirmed. Nadler followed up that confirmation by tweeting out a link to the summary. In his summary, Barr wrote: “Although my review is ongoing, I believe that it is in the public interest to describe the report and to summarize the principal conclusions reached by the Special Counsel and the results of his investigation.” One of those conclusions: “The Special Counsel’s investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election.” On the matter of whether President Donald Trump committed or attempted to commit obstruction of justice in the probe, Barr shared this conclusion from Mueller: “The Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’” Because Mueller didn’t reach any legal conclusions over whether Trump obstructed justice, it was left to Barr to “determine whether the conduct described in the report… Read full this story
- What Is Collusion? Clinton And Trump Russia Scandals Explained
- Ex-FBI boss Robert Mueller to head Trump-Russia inquiry
- Mueller Protected Obama and Clinton, so He Should Be Fired, Republican Resolution Claims
- Postal Service: No evidence to support Pennsylvania worker's fraud claims
- US Election debate RECAP: Joe Biden brands Donald Trump a 'clown' and tells him to 'shut up'
- Donald Trump Endorses Alabama's Mo Brooks for Senate
- US Intel Releases Report Claiming Russia Tried to Undermine Biden in 2020 Election
- Secret Facebook groups of special operations officers include racist comments, QAnon posts: report
- Trump's Claims About Russian Election Hacking are Exhausting Ex-Intelligence Chief James Clapper
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Tax March - Biden to Putin: Tough sanctions, straight talk
Mueller report: Barr says Mueller finds no evidence of Trump-Russia conspiracy have 316 words, post on www.wcax.com at March 24, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.