ANKARA It is a right time for Indian companies to invest in Turkey, said head of an Indian business body. “[Turkey’s] location is the biggest advantage [for investors]. We also have currency advantage,” Manpreet Singh, the president of the Indian Chamber of International Business, told Anadolu Agency. Highlighting Turkey’s geographical location, Singh said Indian companies should consider the country as a base for the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Middle East region. He said Turkish companies’ presence in the EU can be beneficial for Indian firms. “There are a lot of Turkish companies that are well established in the EU […] So Indian companies can use this leverage to also get into the EU,” Singh said. Touching on the country’s March 31 local elections, he said Turkey’s economy will grow further after the elections as “things will become more stable”. Singh suggested that there should be an easy visa regime between the two countries, saying it will pave the way for businesses and tourism to improve. “More people-to-people interaction will definitely increase businesses. Once tourism improves, businesses will definitely increase,” he said. Singh also highlighted promising sectors for cooperation between Turkish and Indian companies. “I think infrastructure would be… Read full this story
- FANGMAN isn't haunting Indian investors as optimism for growth continues
- Turkey ownership limited, we are a global firm: Celebi India CEO
- ‘BAFs have the potential to become core allocation in investors’ portfolios’
- Are FIIs taking a U-turn? 3 factors luring foreign investors back to Dalal Street
- Record number of Indians visit Turkey in June; footfalls cross 27,300
- An NRI investor's guide to navigating Rupee at 80
- Top 10 all-inclusive hotels in Turkey on TripAdvisor – from £68pp a night
- 13 NFOs are open; Should mutual fund investors bet on them?
- For investors and a buffer, Alibaba seeks a Hong Kong primary listing
- Turkey's strategy in Kurdish-dominated areas of Iraq, Syria under scrutiny
Turkey’s location ‘biggest advantage’ for Indian investors have 309 words, post on www.hurriyetdailynews.com at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.