After pulling one rabbit out of the hat — from Chance the Rapper — Toni Preckwinkle was trying desperately to secure two more endorsements that could have been game-changers: Barack and Michelle Obama. But the former president and first lady decided to remain on the sidelines and avoid alienating a mayor whose support they need to deliver the Obama Presidential Center in Jackson Park. Thursday’s announcement by Obama’s office is another blow to Preckwinkle, who yanked her television commercials off the air for at least part of the crucial home stretch. It’s yet another sign that a runoff race that has been Lori Lightfoot’s to lose ever since she finished on top in the first round of balloting appears headed for a Lightfoot landslide, propelled by a rainbow coalition akin to the one that helped Harold Washington become Chicago’s first black mayor in 1983. ANALYSIS But as lopsided as internal polls show the race to be, Lightfoot’s pollster, Jason McGrath, is taking nothing for granted. “There were polls out a month or six weeks before [Feb. 26] that had Lori at two or three percent. We are all, to a person, inside the Lightfoot campaign able to remember those days and… Read full this story
- Even Robot Drivers Won't Make Ride-Hailing Cheaper Than Owning a Car: Study
- Three-point shooting, fewer turnovers key for St. Mary’s women
- How Trump Can Attack Obama's Offshore Drilling Ban
- Arizona Passes Resolution Proclaiming Porn A Public Health Crisis
- Kim Kardashian's Mission to Free Alice Marie Johnson Accomplished
- Dennis Rodman cries as he hails Trump-Kim summit: 'I'm so happy'
- Karl Lagerfeld dies aged 85 from pancreatic cancer: Victoria Beckham leads tributes to fashion legend who saved Chanel, spent thirty years as its artistic director and was notorious for his acid tongue, after he passed away
- Calvin Johnson Reminds The World He Is Still Megatron With This INSANE Touchdown [VIDEO]
- Trump touts new faith-based protections for health care workers at National Day of Prayer ceremony
- Climate Pact Pullout Reveals Trump's True Base
With Obamas on sidelines, can Preckwinkle find another Hail Mary pass? have 329 words, post on chicago.suntimes.com at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.