TALLAHASSEE — Despite a contentious first hearing — characterized by one senator’s assertion that hers was “one of the worst confirmations of someone I could imagine in the United States” — Florida’s new healthcare chief, Mary Mayhew, cleared her first confirmation hurdle Thursday as a Senate committee advanced her nomination largely on party lines. The Senate Health Care Appropriations Committee voted 6-3 to recommend the former Trump Medicaid official, despite harsh questions from multiple Democratic senators about a federal audit that skewered Maine over the deaths of 133 people with developmental disabilities during her tenure as the state’s healthcare chief and her vigorous opposition to expanding Medicaid. THE BUZZ: March for Our Lives students arrived to watch Florida lawmakers debate guns. What they got was delay. Mayhew had largely stayed quiet since her nomination by Gov. Ron DeSantis in January, save for appearances at the occasional legislative committee meeting. During a roundtable at the Governor’s Mansion, she had sketched out some early priorities like improving communication with other healthcare agencies such as the Department of Children and Families and increasing mental health services. She stood with DeSantis when he announced he would call on the Legislature to allow importing prescription… Read full this story
- Kurds had back channel open to Syria, Russia over fears of U.S. pullout: officials
- Trump Faces Giuliani Dilemma as House, Justice Probes Converge
- MICHAEL BURLEIGH: Bashar Al Assad - the tyrant who drowned his nation in blood - is the real winner in Donald Trump's decision to pull out of Syria
- Tarpon Lodge in Pineland, Florida - Looking Back in Time on Pine Island
- Winners and losers in Trump’s troop withdrawal from Syria
- Vapers Accuse Officials Of Investigative Overreach
- What Would They Say Today?
- Jennifer Sterger - The 'Broadway Bombshell' Interview
- Administering the Local Church Through Organization
- Defending Against False Allegations of Abuse - Defending Fathers
Ex-Trump official clears first confirmation hearing to become Florida’s new healthcare chief have 304 words, post on www.tampabay.com at April 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.